A girl can never go wrong with a classic look, which is why many will be falling in love with the looks seen in the J.Crew September 2011 catalog. These clean and classy outfits are especially great as the cooler months start to roll in. With a lady-like appeal that the Duchess of Cambridge is bringing back into style, the covered-up looks are more stylish than stuffy.
Inspired by a mix of two movies, 'Bonnie and Clyde' and 'The Great Gatsby,' both of which are being remade in the next year, the J.Crew September 2011 catalog's whimsical elements are reigned in through the structure of the cuts and tailoring. Yet because of the fanciful aspect, the overall looks aren't too uptight and are quite modern.
The J.Crew September 2011 Lookbook Balances Whimsy and Structure
1. Classic Looks - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating modern elements into classic fashion pieces.
2. Lady-like Appeal - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating modern and stylish covered-up looks.
3. Whimsical Structure - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Balancing whimsical elements with structured cuts and tailoring.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing classic looks with a modern twist.
2. Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering unique and stylish covered-up outfits.
3. Film - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging movie inspirations to create innovative fashion collections.