J Balvin and multiple artists have played a hand in reviving the underrated Air Jordan 2 silhouette since its 1986 release. The J Balvin edition of the Air Jordan 2 adds to the artist’s list of sneaker collaborations with the Jordan Brand. Whimsical graphics and unique textures make this silhouette stand apart from the rest of the colorways, utilizing J Balvin’s special creative touch.
Instead of leather uppers, the new colorway uses a baby blue ripstop fabric and puffed paneling. Cloud motifs decorate the lower half of the shoe, with a green lightning bolt logo and J Balvin’s smiley face branding. The outsoles also glow in the dark.
The sneaker is expected to debut in October 2022.
Image Credit: Solebyjc
Jordan Brand Taps J Balvin for a New 'Air Jordan 2' Silhouette
1. Musicians as Sneaker Designers - The trend of musicians collaborating with shoe brands to design unique sneakers provides disruptive innovation opportunities for both the music and fashion industries.
2. Textured Sneaker Design - The use of unique textures in sneaker design, such as the baby blue ripstop fabric seen in the J Balvin edition of the Air Jordan 2, presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the footwear industry.
3. Whimsical Sneaker Graphics - The use of whimsical graphics, like the cloud motifs and smiley face branding seen in the J Balvin edition of the Air Jordan 2, presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the sneaker design industry for brands seeking to stand out and appeal to a younger demographic.
1. Music Industry - The trend of musicians collaborating with shoe brands to design unique sneakers presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the music industry to extend their branding into new product categories.
2. Fashion Industry - The collaboration between musicians and shoe brands to design unique sneakers creates disruptive innovation opportunities for the fashion industry to introduce fresh and exciting product offerings to the market.
3. Footwear Industry - The J Balvin edition of the Air Jordan 2, which utilizes unique textures and whimsical graphics in its design, presents disruptive innovation opportunities in the footwear industry for brands seeking to differentiate themselves and appeal to a younger demographic.