Russian luxury accessory maker Caviar has officially released its custom case for the iPhone X known simply as the iPhone X Tesla. This custom version of the iPhone X may just seem like an opulent case but the inclusion of a solar panel gives the iPhone X Tesla a distinct technological advantage. The solar panel comes built into the case, which also features gold trimmings and is constructed of carbon fiber. These additions do add quite a bit of bulk to the iPhone X as the case increases the phone to a whopping 16.2 millimeters, as opposed to the 7.7mm of the standard phone.
The solar panel on the case functions as a secondary battery for the phone, and Caviar claims that the case is both shock-resistant and IP67 water and dust resistance. The case used in the iPhone X Tesla will not be available as a single item and will only be available through an iPhone X Tesla package. The custom cased phone will be limited to 999 units and features a hefty price tag of $4,800 for a 256 GB model.
Image Credit: Caviar
The iPhone X Tesla Features a Solar Panel and Gold Embellishments
1. Solar Panel Technology - The inclusion of a solar panel in a phone case opens up opportunities for developing more sustainable and self-charging mobile devices.
2. Luxury Phone Accessories - The iPhone X Tesla case highlights the demand for high-end, customized phone accessories and the potential for luxury brands to tap into this market.
3. Rugged Phone Cases - The shock-resistant and water/dust-resistant features of the iPhone X Tesla case demonstrate the market potential for durable and protective phone cases for outdoor and industrial use.
1. Renewable Energy - The integration of solar panels in phone cases presents an opportunity for the renewable energy industry to expand into the mobile technology sector.
2. Fashion and Accessories - The luxury customization trend seen in the iPhone X Tesla case suggests a market for high-end phone accessories that cater to fashion-conscious consumers.
3. Consumer Electronics - The demand for innovative phone cases like the iPhone X Tesla case indicates a growing market for unique and technologically advanced phone accessories within the consumer electronics industry.