This iPhone alarm dock by Sam Lloyd takes the iconic form of an alarm clock and updates it for the digital age. There are many sleek docks to hold your iPhone and this inventive form plays with old and new forms. Although this type of alarm clock design has disappeared due to the convenience of using do-it-all phones used as alarm clocks, this jarring way to wake up has made a resurgence in this design.
The simple wireframe dock has two bells like you'd see on a round vintage alarm clock. Though Lloyd has cleverly taken advantage of use of a phone's ability to vibrate to activate this alarm. This iPhone alarm dock might not be the most pleasant way to wake up in the morning, but it will sure be effective.
This iPhone Alarm Dock Reinvents an Old Form
1. Nostalgic Phone Alarm Docks - Creating alarm docks that mimic the vintage form of alarm clocks for a nostalgic touch.
2. Reinventing Old Forms - Updating old forms, like alarm clocks, for the digital age.
3. Resurgence of Vintage Alarm Clocks - Seeing a renewed interest in vintage alarm clocks as a jarring and effective way to wake up.
1. Electronics - Opportunity to create unique alarm docks that combine retro design with modern technology.
2. Home Decor - Creating alarm docks that double as stylish home decor items.
3. Consumer Electronics - Designing innovative alarm clocks that target consumers seeking a blend of vintage aesthetics and modern functionality.