In order to take their customer experience to the next level, Kate Spade introduced an interactive in-store display in the form of Perch technology. Chief marketing officer Mary Beech says, "Our stores are great expressions of the brand, but we were looking for an opportunity to bring content to life.”
To do this, Perch is suspended from above in order to project the interactive in-store display on different surfaces from tables to walls. Animated images are showcased on such surfaces while an optical sensor also detects customer interaction with the different products. From style tips to ad campaign videos and even live feeds of social media hashtag content, the interactive in-store display connects with the shopper on a variety of levels. Beech says, “We’ve seen a higher sell-through for products on the table."
Kate Spade Introduces Perch Technology to Better Customer Experience
1. Interactive-in-store-displays - Perch technology introduces a new level of customer engagement by bringing interactive in-store displays to life.
2. Projection-technology - The use of projection technology on various surfaces enhances the customer experience by showcasing animated images and engaging content.
3. Customer-interaction-detection - Optical sensors detecting customer interaction with products on display provide valuable insights and improve the in-store experience.
1. Retail - The retail industry can leverage interactive in-store displays to create immersive experiences and increase customer engagement.
2. Marketing - Innovative interactive displays offer marketing professionals a unique opportunity to showcase brand content and campaigns in a captivating manner.
3. Technology - The tech industry can explore the development of advanced projection technology and customer interaction detection systems for different retail applications.