'Indie Game: The Movie' documents the thrilling and tumultuous process of creating and releasing an independent video game from start to finish. The trailer for the upcoming film is beautifully edited, with shots and footage that are reminiscent of comic book panels or video games themselves. The documentary by James Swirsky and Lisanne Pajot follows three separate indie game creators, developers and designers on their roller coaster ride to the major leagues of the gaming world.
The film is an emotional and honest piece that will speak to anyone who has ever been involved in the creative process and understands how challenging it is. 'Indie Game: The Movie' is also perfect for people who are new to the gaming world, as it serves as an introduction. More than just a documentary about video games, this film should be taken as an example of captivating filmmaking.
'Indie Game: The Movie' is set to be released Fall 2011 depending on funding. They are currently accepting donations to see that this happens.
'Indie Game: The Movie' Takes You on a Wild Ride
1. Documentary Filmmaking - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating documentaries that explore the creative process in various industries, captivating a wider audience.
2. Independent Video Games - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing and releasing unique and innovative indie games that challenge mainstream conventions.
3. Gaming Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Supporting and promoting independent game developers and creating platforms that showcase their work to a larger audience.
1. Film Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrating video game aesthetics and storytelling techniques into mainstream filmmaking to create visually stunning and captivating films.
2. Video Game Industry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing and promoting the indie game movement, fostering creativity, and providing platforms and resources for independent game developers to succeed.
3. Creative Industries - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring collaborations between filmmakers, game developers, and other creatives to push the boundaries of storytelling and interactive experiences.