'Saavn' is an Indian music streaming service that is fighting for the growing number of smartphone users in India. With more and more Indian consumers interested in streaming the latest music, Saavn has stepped in to provide a locally focused service.
While there are plenty of North American-based music streaming services, there are less options currently available to Indian consumers. Saavn caters to the specific needs of the Indian market by focusing primarily on the Android operating system and offering ad-supported free options as part of their primary service. Both of these nuanced qualities set Saavn apart from other music streaming services trying to break into the Indian market, such as Apple Music and Spotify.
By taking into consideration its unique consumer culture, this India music streaming service has developed sizable consumer base in India and among the Indian diaspora overseas.
This Locally Focused Music Streaming Service is Exclusive to India
1. Locally-focused Music Streaming - There is an opportunity for other countries to provide locally focused music streaming services for their own unique markets.
2. Free Ad-supported Streaming - Other music streaming services could succeed in emerging markets by adopting a freemium model with ad-supported streaming options.
3. Android-focused Streaming - Music streaming services could optimize for Android and/or other popular mobile operating systems to better serve users in different regions of the world.
1. Music Streaming - Existing music streaming services could focus on developing localized offerings for markets with unique needs, potentially unlocking new customer bases.
2. Smartphone Industry - The growing number of smartphone users in emerging markets could present opportunities for companies in the smartphone industry to create tailored products and services for these regions.
3. Ad-based Revenue - Businesses could explore ad-based revenue models in emerging markets where customers may be more hesitant to spend money on subscription services.