The 2018 Sports Illustrated Issue is set to launch on February 13th, with a nude photo shoot that was conceptualized, shot, and modeled by women called 'In Her Own Words' featured.
Only a few images from the shoot have been shared so far, however those that have been stick to a common theme, with empowering words written in black covering the models' bodies. All of the models pose with different words on them, a few of them being "Natural," " Nurture," "Truth," and "Mother."
Sailor Brinkley Cook, one of the models who worked on the project, expressed her experience with it by stating, "It was really special to be a part of this and get to express myself in a very raw, uncensored way."
Image Credit: Taylor Ballantyne
Sports Illustrated's 'In Her Own Words' Project Was Fronted by Women
1. Female-led Photography - The trend of women conceptualizing and executing photo shoots is disrupting the traditionally male-dominated field of photography.
2. Body Positivity Movement - This trend of celebrating body positivity through empowering words on models' bodies is disrupting the beauty and fashion industry norms.
3. Feminist Empowerment - The trend of women expressing themselves through nude photo shoots is empowering the feminist movement by taking ownership of their bodies and sexuality.
1. Photography - The photography industry can benefit from a disruptive innovation by embracing and promoting female-led photo shoots and challenging traditional gender roles.
2. Beauty - The beauty industry has an opportunity to disrupt beauty norms and promote body positivity by featuring diverse body types and promoting inclusivity.
3. Fashion - The fashion industry can challenge societal beauty and body standards by collaborating with women-led initiatives and promoting feminist empowerment.