At CES 2018, the illy Y5 DRS was introduced, showing off a connected version of the Y5 single-serve espresso and coffee system with the Amazon Dash Replenishment System (DRS.)
The smart coffee system boasts the ability to track the coffee capsules used and automatically takes care of reordering a fresh supply. This system operates without the My illy Machine app and means that a coffee lover will never have to risk going without coffee, or face the hassle of having to place an order themselves. With the app-connected coffee system, users may also set brewing schedules, customized drink preferences and more.
A growing number of products with built-in reordering capabilities are launching, including everything from smart fridge magnets to branded jackets that promise to simplify one's shopping list.
Image Credit: illy
The illy Y5 DRS is Integrated with Amazon Dash for Easy Reordering
1. Connected Coffee Systems - Smart coffee systems with automatic reordering capabilities are becoming increasingly popular, providing convenience and ensuring a steady supply of coffee.
2. App-connected Appliances - The integration of mobile apps with everyday appliances offers users the ability to customize settings, schedule tasks, and streamline their daily routines.
3. Automated Reordering Solutions - The trend of products with built-in reordering capabilities presents opportunities for brands to simplify the shopping experience for customers and increase customer satisfaction.
1. Home Appliances - The home appliance industry can leverage the demand for connected coffee systems and app-integrated appliances to create innovative, convenient solutions for consumers.
2. E-commerce - The e-commerce industry can explore partnerships with brands to integrate automated reordering solutions, enhancing the customer experience and driving repeat purchases.
3. Internet of Things (iot) - The IoT industry can continue to innovate by developing advanced connectivity features for appliances, enabling seamless integration with mobile apps and automated reordering systems.