The Ikea 'Mini Greenhouses' will now accommodate even the smallest of domestic spaces. The 18-inch by 9-inch by 14-inch dimensions make for the perfect addition to kitchens or office spaces, especially since they can be wedged into tight hard to reach corners.
The see-through plates of glass that line Ikea's Mini Greenhouses allow green thumb aspirants to observe and monitor plant growth. The $20 price tag makes the green design all the more appealing as they can be tinkered with sans bank breaking. Gizmodo.com's purchase of the ecological structure was met with an artistic project as the site pointed out its propensity for glass staining. The ends that it can serve are multiple as such, bringing about its underlying versatility.
The Ikea Mini-Greenhouses Accommodate Tight Spots
1. Mini Greenhouses for Small Spaces - There is a trend towards mini greenhouses designed specifically for small spaces, offering new opportunities for companies to cater to urban gardeners and apartment dwellers.
2. Observation-based Plant Growth Monitoring - New trend in designing mini greenhouses that incorporate transparent walls that allow observation-based plant growth monitoring and data collection, providing an opportunity for innovation through connected plant growth monitoring systems.
3. Affordable Urban Gardening - The trend for affordable urban gardening is on the rise, giving companies the chance to design and sell affordable greenhouse structures and accessories specifically for small-space urban gardeners.
1. Furniture and Home Goods - Furniture and home goods companies can innovate to cater specifically to small-space urban gardening customers, providing them with furniture that doubles as a gardening structure like Ikea Mini Greenhouses.
2. Smart Home Technology - Smart home technology companies can create connected plant monitoring systems to track and optimize plant growth in small-space gardening solutions, like the transparent Mini Greenhouses.
3. Sustainability and Eco-friendliness - Companies focused on sustainability and eco-friendliness can design and sell affordable and ecological mini greenhouse solutions to help people grow their own food in small spaces.