'SPACE10' just debuted a new series that reimagines the iconic IKEA meatball. While IKEA is primarily known for selling stylish and affordable furniture, the successful Swedish brand is also famous for its meatballs. This series explores what form the tasty meatballs might take decades from now.
SPACE10 is IKEA's independently-run innovation lab and its latest project is a visual exploration of the future of the brand's famous meatballs. 'Tomorrow's Meatball' features eight illustrations, each of which feature an IKEA meatball. The meatballs represent how the food industry is changing and the ways in which our diets are gradually shifting. As a result, the series showcases meatballs made from food waste, algae and even insects.
The series provides a unique way of looking at the future of the food industry by using a dish that is served in nearly every culture.
This Series Reimagines the Iconic IKEA Meatball
1. Future of Food - Opportunity to explore alternative ingredients and sustainable food sources like food waste, algae, and insects to create meat substitutes.
2. Visual Storytelling - Innovative use of illustrations to showcase future possibilities and engage consumers in imagining new product concepts.
3. Shifting Diets - Highlighting the changing preferences of consumers towards more sustainable and unconventional food options.
1. Food and Beverage - Disruptive innovation opportunities in creating plant-based and alternative protein food products.
2. Sustainable Packaging - Opportunity to develop eco-friendly and biodegradable packaging for food products.
3. Visual Arts and Design - Incorporating visually appealing and creative elements into product packaging and marketing materials to attract and engage consumers.