The two narrative worlds of Walt Disney and J.K. Rowling have both been described as "magical," so it comes as no surprise that these Ida Mikkonen illustrations, which put Disney princesses into Hogwarts attire, make perfect sense.
Using and modifying a standard template, Ida Mikkonen was able to depict 14 Disney princesses in this cutesy and fan-pleasing manner without having to put up an exhaustive amount of effort. I have to admit, Ariel kind of looks better without her signature mermaid fin.
Ida Mikkonen is a digital artist currently residing in Finland. She specializes in re-imagining popular cartoon characters in unexpected contexts and in unexpected art styles. You'll find hyperrealistic depictions of Disney princesses, My Little Pony characters in J.K. Rowling's worlds, and even some Pokemon and Naruto mash-ups on her deviantART page.
Ida Mikkonen Assigns Hogwarts Attire to Famous Disney Females
1. Disney Princess Mash-ups - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a line of merchandise featuring Disney princesses in unexpected contexts and art styles.
2. Cartoon Character Re-imaginings - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with digital artists to create unique and unexpected versions of popular cartoon characters for marketing and promotional purposes.
3. Cross-franchise Collaborations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partner with different entertainment franchises to create crossover content that appeals to fans of both brands.
1. Entertainment Merchandise - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and sell merchandise featuring unique and re-imagined versions of popular cartoon characters.
2. Digital Art - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to apply digital art techniques and styles to iconic cartoon characters for commercial use.
3. Crossover Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Foster collaborations between different entertainment franchises to create exciting and unexpected content for fans.