In Rasht, Iran there are plenty of traditional markets, but 'Ahmadi Hyper' now sets itself apart as a contemporary, hybrid "hypermarket" store that offers a wide range of products under a single roof. The hypermarket is a kind of store that combines the kind of products that are often found in both supermarkets and department stores, making it a convenient one-stop location for all one's shopping needs.
Ahmadi Hyper was designed to include many natural elements, such as green signage, light boxes and wooden details.
While traditional markets in the city have sellers shouting at consumers to buy fish and fresh produce, the contemporary new hypermarket offers a relaxed shopping experience with its open spaces and clearly marked aisles.
Image Credit: Retail Iran
'Ahmadi Hyper' is a Hybrid Supermarket and Department Shop in Iran
1. Hypermarket Convenience - The rise of hypermarket stores that combine the offerings of supermarkets and department stores provide consumers with a convenient one-stop shopping experience.
2. Naturalistic Store Design - The incorporation of natural elements in store design, such as green signage and wooden details, creates a unique and visually appealing shopping environment.
3. Relaxed Shopping Experience - Hypermarkets that offer open spaces and clearly marked aisles provide a more relaxed and enjoyable shopping experience compared to traditional markets.
1. Retail - The retail industry can capitalize on the hypermarket convenience trend by creating store formats that combine supermarket and department store offerings.
2. Store Design - The store design industry can explore opportunities to incorporate natural elements in their designs, such as green signage and wooden details, to create visually appealing retail environments.
3. Market Transformation - Traditional markets can adapt by reimagining their layouts and shopping experience to compete with hypermarkets and provide a more relaxed and enjoyable shopping experience to customers.