Bleacher Report launched an NBA Remix Campaign which invites influential athletes to produce silhouette designs for their hometown team and this release sees rapper Travis Scott offering an iteration of the Houston Rockets jerseys.
The collaboration is completed alongside Bleacher Report and Mitchell & Ness. The silhouette is influenced by the musician's 'Astroworld' album. Of course, Travis Scott infuses the team uniform with some nostalgia as the designs boast "a re-imagination of the original Houston Rockets logo from the 1971 season."
The Houston Rockets jerseys are currently retailing for $250 USD. In addition, two more affordable options are made readily available to consumers, including a t-shirt in a black and in a white colorway, boasting the same motif. Those retail at $60 USD.
Travis Scott Takes a Stab at the Houston Rockets Jerseys
1. NBA Remix Campaign - Creating collaboration opportunities between influential athletes and fashion brands to produce unique designs for basketball jerseys.
2. Rapper-designed Apparel - Incorporating the creativity and influence of musicians to create unique and nostalgic clothing options for fans.
3. Reimagining Sports Logos - Updating and refreshing vintage team logos to bring a sense of nostalgia and modernity to sports merchandise.
1. Sports Apparel - Opportunities for brands and designers to collaborate with athletes and musicians to create limited-edition, high-end sports apparel.
2. Fashion Retail - A burgeoning market for exclusive and creative sports apparel collaborations that appeal to fans and collectors.
3. Music Merchandise - Expanding the merchandise options for musicians by incorporating their creative vision into sports-related clothing and accessories.