The Highlife Sofa comprises plushy cushions upon four elevating legs, armrests and a backrest, yet its overall appearance is remarkably unusual. Claesson Koivisto Rune has designed the piece to simultaneously embody a sense of sturdy structure, despite its spindly footings, its thin upholstered panels and its extraordinarily exaggerated backing.
When one observes the chic chesterfield, an atypically tall backrest is what jumps out first. It seems to mimic the grandiose headboard of a king size bed. The reason for this unexpected formal extrusion contributes to an aesthetic uniqueness and a contemporary practicality.
The carefully crafted Tacchini Highlife Sofa is ideally not placed against a wall. It's lofty spinal support acts as a perfect partition so that sitters can keep their laptop and tablet activities concealed from people approaching from behind.
The Highlife Sofa Takes Formal Inspiration from Stately Sleepers
1. Exaggerated Backrests - Opportunity for designing furniture pieces that incorporate unusually tall backrests, similar to the Highlife Sofa, to create a unique aesthetic and contemporary practicality.
2. Unconventional Upholstery - Opportunity to explore thin upholstered panels in furniture design, like the Highlife Sofa, to create a sense of sturdy structure while maintaining a sleek appearance.
3. Functional Partitioning - Opportunity to design furniture items with elevated spinal support, such as the Highlife Sofa, that can act as a partition for concealing activities and providing privacy.
1. Furniture Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity for furniture designers to incorporate exaggerated backrests and unconventional upholstery techniques into their creations, inspired by the Highlife Sofa.
2. Interior Design - Opportunity for interior designers to utilize furniture pieces with functional partitioning, like the Highlife Sofa, to create versatile and privacy-enhancing spaces.
3. Workspace Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity for workspace designers to incorporate furniture items that provide functional partitioning, inspired by the Highlife Sofa, for enhanced productivity and privacy in open office layouts.