With so many musicians entering the fashion industry by way of stylish tour merchandise and other music-inspired collections, designer brands like Helmut Lang have been busily crafting their own graphic lines that feature statement imagery and slogans in similar ways.
The Austrian label's Spring/Summer 2018 collection is comprised of hoodies and tees that can be purchased in either black or white variations. On the fronts of the garments, Helmut Lang's name is included in bold box logos, while phrases like "Autumn Tour 2018" and "Techno Jungle" complement them further. In addition to these phrases, some of the pieces feature a large black and white portrait.
With this, Helmut Lang honors the influence that rave culture has had on the fashion industry.
Helmut Lang's New Collection is Inspired by Concert Tour Merchandise
1. Music-inspired Fashion - Opportunity to create merchandise lines that blend fashion and music, capitalizing on the influence of musicians entering the fashion industry.
2. Graphic Statement Imagery - Potential for brands to incorporate bold and eye-catching graphics into their collections, creating visually striking apparel that catches consumers' attention.
3. Rave Culture Influence - Chance to tap into the influence of rave culture on fashion, infusing designs with vibrant colors, edgy aesthetics, and a sense of rebelliousness.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore collaborations with musicians and incorporate music-inspired elements, such as graphic designs and tour merchandise, into their collections.
2. Entertainment - Opportunity for musicians and entertainers to expand their brand by venturing into the fashion industry and creating merchandise lines that resonate with their fanbase.
3. Streetwear - Streetwear brands can draw inspiration from music culture and rave aesthetics to create garments that appeal to the streetwear community while embracing the rebellious spirit.