Head & Shoulders, the well-known anti-dandruff haircare brand, is looking to broaden its appeal among a younger audience, and to do so, it's joined forces with the beloved celebrity scientist, Bill Nye.
As a part of the collaboration, the scientist took to TikTok to break some of the myths that surround dandruff, like the idea that it's caused by not properly washing one's hair, and candidly speaks to his own struggle with dandruff, which he refers to as the "D of death." With the video, Head & Shoulders and Bill Nye effectively break down what can cause dandruff, and how its products can quickly combat it.
The TikTok video is part of a full content series that the brand is working on with the iconic scientist.
Image Credit: Provided
Bill Nye Joined with Head & Shoulders to Highlight Its Effectiveness
1. Scientist-backed Haircare - Brands can partner with well-known scientists to back the efficacy of their products and educate consumers.
2. Myth-debunking Marketing - Brands can create content that debunks myths surrounding their product or industry to establish trust with consumers.
3. Collaborative Marketing - Collaborating with non-traditional partners can help brands reach new audiences and create more engaging content.
1. Haircare - Haircare brands can create scientist-backed content to establish the efficacy of their products and differentiate themselves from the market.
2. Consumer Goods - Consumer goods brands can use myth-debunking marketing to educate consumers on their products and build brand trust.
3. Entertainment/media - Partnering with brands like Head & Shoulders can provide non-traditional revenue streams for entertainment/media personalities and potentially reach new audiences.