A hardshell jacket is one of the most challenging pieces of apparel to get right due to the need to combine rugged utility and comfortable fit whilst accommodating the growing desire for impeccable style in the great outdoors, but Nike has managed to achieve just this with the ACG 'Misery Ridge' jacket.
Taking its name from the gobsmackingly gorgeous but undeniably intimidating Misery Ridge trail of Oregon, the Nike ACG 'Misery Ridge' is a hardshell jacket that somehow manages to be perfectly waterproof and reliably breathable thanks to the use of Gore-Tex material, whilst still being durable enough to handle treacherous conditions, all in a package that feels neither overbearing nor gimmicky in its features. Customizable comfort in a range of weather conditions is made possible with features such as lengthy underarm zippers that allow you to dump excess heat without having to take the jacket off.
What's more, in keeping with the Earth-respecting ideals of the ACG line, this jacket also pays homage to the planet by making use of 100 percent recycled polyester in the face and back of the jacket. Whereas many pieces of outdoor gear feature little snippets of sustainable fabric, the 'Misery Ridge' places its eco-friendly credentials front and center, building the jacket around sustainability rather than relegating it to a sideshow.
One of a trio of highly versatile pieces of apparel that form the Nike ACG spring 2021 collection, the 'Misery Ridge' jacket is the consummate hardshell jacket for lovers of the great outdoors who value comfort, performance and sustainability.
This Outdoor Jacket Uses Lightweight Recycled Polyester
1. Sustainable Outdoor Apparel - Creating environmentally conscious outdoor apparel that prioritizes sustainability in production and materials.
2. Customizable Weather Resistant Gear - Developing customizable outdoor gear to accommodate varying weather conditions and activities that allow the user to adapt and fine-tune based on their needs.
3. Eco-friendly Materials - Incorporating recycled and sustainable materials in the production of outdoor gear to reduce environmental impact and address the growing concern of climate change.
1. Outdoor Apparel Industry - Creating eco-friendly outdoor apparel using sustainable materials with customizable features that cater to the needs of outdoor enthusiasts.
2. Sustainable Manufacturing Industry - Exploring new and innovative ways to use recycled and sustainable materials to create eco-friendly products to support the movement towards a sustainable future.
3. Sports Equipment Industry - Developing customizable and weather-resistant gear for outdoor adventure enthusiasts that use both traditional and eco-friendly materials to support environmentally conscious recreation.