There are a couple of means by which the visually impaired can check the time; however, neither quite matches the intuitive potential of the Haptica Braille Watch.
Designed by David Chavez, this textured time-teller concept includes an embossed plate from which the blind can literally read the hour. The Haptica Braille Watch is counting on pledges from the public with the aim to raise enough money to begin production.
The Haptica Braille Watch Indicates the Hour to Your Fingertips
1. Accessible Wearables - Opportunity to develop more inclusive wearable technology
2. Tactile Interfaces - Potential for innovation in haptic feedback interfaces
3. Assistive Timekeeping - Advancements in assistive technology for timekeeping
1. Wearable Technology - Opportunity for wearable tech companies to develop accessible products
2. Assistive Technology - Increasing market for assistive technology products for the visually impaired
3. Consumer Electronics - Incorporation of haptic feedback interfaces into consumer electronic devices