A pair of New Zealand-based innovators have developed an intelligently designed handheld gimbal that aims to make it easier to go about stabilizing cameras while bearing in mind both the quality of the photos as well as the safety of the camera and the gimbal itself.
Dubbed the Arculus Onyx, this handheld gimbal features a titanium structure sheathed in carbon fiber, which gives it a perfect balance between ruggedness and low weight, both of which are crucial for handheld gimbals. The apparatus works in conjunction with a smartphone app that allows users to take advantage of different modes for panning, tilting, rolling and focusing.
Currently the subject of a crowdfunding campaign over on Kickstarter, this handheld gimbal is sure to appeal to high-end DSLR and video camera users who want to get the perfect shot without damaging their camera.
The 'Arculus Onyx' Uses Carbon Fiber and Titanium Components
1. Lightweight Handheld Gimbals - The use of lightweight materials and smartphone integration is disrupting the handheld gimbal market.
2. Carbon Fiber and Titanium Components - The combination of carbon fiber and titanium in camera stabilizers offers a balance between durability and weight, creating new opportunities for rugged handheld gimbals.
3. Smartphone App Integration - The integration of smartphone apps with handheld gimbals provides advanced features and functionality, transforming the way users stabilize cameras.
1. Photography Equipment - The development of lightweight handheld gimbals with high-quality materials and smartphone integration is transforming the photography equipment industry.
2. Film and Video Production - The innovation in lightweight handheld gimbals presents disruptive opportunities for the film and video production industry to capture professional-grade footage with ease.
3. Crowdfunding Platforms - The success of this handheld gimbal on Kickstarter indicates a growing market demand for innovative camera stabilization solutions, offering new opportunities for crowdfunding platforms.