Docteur Gecko modifies bus shelter ads using light sensitive colors that are only visible at night. His results, his art, are generally dark or subversive comments on the subject.
"Three years ago, Docteur Gecko found a new way for 'hacking' advertising that you find in bus shelters around the world. What's unique about what Gecko does is that his modifications can only be seen during the night when the city lights the shelters. However, during daytime the ad modified seems to be untouched." - Wooster
1. Night Visibility Advertising - The development of advertising using light sensitive colors that can only be seen at night provides a new and unique way to grab attention and make an impact on viewers
2. Subversive Advertising - Modifying traditional advertising in a subversive manner presents an opportunity for businesses to attract those who value artistic expression and alternative viewpoints
3. Artistic Hacking - Creative hackers, like Docteur Gecko, have the potential to inspire a new wave of creative advertising campaigns that challenge traditional advertising models
1. Outdoor Advertising - The outdoor advertising industry has the potential to explore new and unique ways of modifying and presenting their ads, especially in urban environments with high foot traffic
2. Art - Artists and galleries can collaborate with hackers and advertisers to create unique public art installations that challenge traditional advertising aesthetics
3. Marketing - Marketing professionals can incorporate subversive and artistic elements into their campaigns to attract a wider and more diverse audience who value non-traditional forms of advertising