An 18 meter-tall Gundam statue now lives in Diver City Tokyo, Odaiba, Tokyo, Japan and it's pretty badass if you ask me.
The giant statue is modeled after the popular anime series Gundam Wing and features the Gundam mobile suit. The statue was built to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the animated series. The statue is a 1:1 model and has been visited over 4.15 million times. The statue is not permanent however; it has moved from Shizuoka City in the past and now resides in Tokyo.
There is something majestic and almost haunting about the photographs of the statue -- something about the way it seems to loom over the city like a super hero protecting the defenceless.
The Gundam Statue in Tokyo Japan is Majestic
1. Giant Anime Statues - The popularity of giant anime statues showcasing iconic characters presents an opportunity for businesses in the entertainment industry to attract fans and create immersive experiences.
2. Anime Tourism - The rise of anime-themed attractions, such as the Gundam statue in Tokyo, opens opportunities in the travel and hospitality industry to cater to fans and create unique experiences.
3. Temporary Monument Installations - The success and popularity of temporary monument installations like the Gundam statue indicate a potential market for businesses in the event management industry to curate large-scale, limited-time experiences.
1. Entertainment - The Gundam statue's massive presence highlights the potential for entertainment companies to create awe-inspiring installations and capitalize on the excitement surrounding popular anime franchises.
2. Travel and Hospitality - The attraction of anime-themed landmarks, such as the Gundam statue, creates opportunities for travel and hospitality businesses to develop specialized packages and tours catering to anime enthusiasts.
3. Event Management - The temporary nature of monument installations like the Gundam statue paves the way for event management companies to create unique, time-limited experiences that attract widespread attention and bring communities together.