Last Saturday, Colleen Lippert had no idea that as she pulled into the parking lot of the Beach Bar and Grill at Tecumseh that she was really rolling up to to her wedding. Over the course of the past year, her boyfriend of seven years, Shawn, had asked her little detailed questions about how she imagined her big day.
"What kind of center pieces do you want?" he asked. "Mason jars with tea light candles in them," she replied. So Shawn placed mason jars with tea light candles in them at each table.
Colleen received the day of her dreams with none of the added stress that causes many "brides" to be to become "bridezillas" to be. Is it possible that we've seen the dawn of a new era where the groom plans the wedding? Colleen Lippert's wedding certainly disproves the age-old theory of a man never understands the stress of planning a wedding.
Many women would continue to disagree that any man is capable of such a task, however, if one can prove us wrong -- perhaps there's more to a man than his obsession with video games, fishing and flannel shirts.
Colleen Lippert Rolled up to a Wedding Unaware That It was Her Own
1. Groom-led Weddings - The rise of grooms planning surprise weddings presents opportunities for businesses to market wedding planning services and products directly to men.
2. Unexpected Celebrations - Developing unique event ideas and experiences for celebrations like weddings can lead to greater customer satisfaction and loyalty.
3. Anti-bridezilla Syndrome - Brands can market products and services that simplify the wedding planning process and reduce stress for couples.
1. Wedding Planning - The wedding industry should tap into the trend of grooms taking on a larger role in wedding planning.
2. Hospitality & Events - Event planners should consider the trend of surprise ceremonies to offer unique services such as surprise proposal and pop-up events.
3. E-commerce & Retail - Retailers can market products catering to the trend of simple and stress-free weddings such as minimal and affordable wedding attire and decorations.