It can be really hard to take a great self-portrait -- although Snapchat has made the selfie much more flawless thanks to some of its filters. But these stunning grayscale portraits show that there is more to looking for when stepping in front of the camera. There's an emotion that can be conveyed by such works of art that transcends the person entirely.
These grayscale portraits were take by Japanese photographer Zezn. Going completely incognito, she never shows her face. Instead, her body becomes almost disjointed as the camera focuses on different parts at a time. With a concentration on light and shadow, a lot of relayed through the images -- of course, it's up to each viewer to interpret what they see.
Japanese Photographer Zezn Captures Artistic Shots of Herself
1. Grayscale Portraits - Exploring grayscale portraits as a unique and artistic form of self-expression.
2. Emotional Photography - Capturing and conveying emotions through artistic photographs that transcend the person.
3. Focus on Light and Shadow - Utilizing light and shadow to create visually striking and thought-provoking images.
1. Photography - Incorporating grayscale portraits into the photography industry as a new and captivating style.
2. Art - Introducing emotional photography as a disruptive innovation in the art industry.
3. Fashion - Experimenting with the concept of incognito portraits to create avant-garde fashion campaigns.