Previously this year, KAWS and Sesame Street worked in collaboration with Japanese lifestyle label Uniqlo on a collection of playful tees -- now, the trio work in partnership to drop a capsule full of graphic winter apparel. The new delivery is comprised of more seasonally appropriate silhouettes including hoodies, crewneck sweaters, as well as t-shirts. To accompany the apparel is a specially branded box that boasts design elements from all three names and a selection of five plush dolls.
The graphic designs are done in motifs that recall beloved characters including Big Bird, Elmo, the Cookie Monster, Bert, and Ernie. The KAWS character is also seen throughout the capsule as well, re-creating the Sesame Street characters by giving them 'X's on their eyes. The collaborative project between the three is set to drop on November 19th in Uniqlo store locations.
Sesame Street, Uniqlo Ut, and KAWS Join for the FW18 Season
1. Nostalgia Fashion - There is an opportunity for companies to create more collaborations that tap into consumers' love of nostalgic characters and designs.
2. Graphic Winter Apparel - Companies can look into creating seasonal apparel with graphic designs as a way to stand out in the saturated clothing market.
3. Collaborations - There is an increasing interest in collaborations between designers, brands, and popular characters to create unique and highly desired products.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate nostalgic graphic designs into their collections to appeal to consumers who are looking for unique and fun clothing options.
2. Design - Designers can work on collaborations that tap into nostalgia and popular culture to create new and exciting products that appeal to a wide range of consumers.
3. Retail - Retail companies can stock up on seasonal graphic winter apparel and collaborate with designers to offer exclusive and desirable products to drive foot traffic and boost sales.