The perfect balance of material integration, detail and the subtle reference to nature are wrapped up exquisitely in the Grand Canyon Table. Amit Apel has created other furnishings based on a similar concept, and each one has the same playful and artistic element that makes it the focal point and conversation piece in any living room.
This particular one is modeled after the impressive topographical and geological feature in which the surface of the earth is interrupted by an extensive chasm. Two smooth and sinuous cuts were made in the dense wooden tabletop to produce this effect, creating a minimalist and contemporary organic reference to a broadening gorge. In the irregular gap created by this zigzagging excision, the Grand Canyon Table features a lustrous pane of blue glass to mimic a valley stream.
The Grand Canyon Table Breaks the Conventional Mold for Moveables
1. Interactive Furniture - The Grand Canyon Table showcases the potential for furniture designs that engage users and spark conversation through unique and interactive elements.
2. Nature-inspired Designs - The use of organic references like the Grand Canyon in furniture design presents opportunities to bring the beauty of nature into interior spaces and create visually striking pieces.
3. Material Integration - The combination of wood and glass in the Grand Canyon Table demonstrates the potential for innovative ways to incorporate different materials into furniture designs, offering unique aesthetic and functional qualities.
1. Furniture Design - The Grand Canyon Table exemplifies the potential for disruptive innovation in the furniture design industry by pushing boundaries and creating unique, attention-grabbing pieces.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can explore incorporating nature-inspired furniture designs like the Grand Canyon Table to create visually captivating and conversation-starting spaces.
3. Home Decor - The integration of organic references and innovative materials in furniture design, exemplified by the Grand Canyon Table, presents opportunities for disruptive innovations that redefine home decor aesthetics.