New Balance recently released the 'Goosebumps' Kawhi II sneakers just in time for the NBA playoffs. Although Kawhi has missed the entire NBA season, the brand was eager to put out a new design. The shoe dropped on April 20 exclusively through the New Balance and Footlocker websites.
This edition of shoes targets those looking to revisit the spooky 90s children's book series Goosebumps. This was an unexpected collaboration between the book's creator, R.L Stine, and Kawhi. However, over the years, we have come to expect the unexpected when it comes to him.
The shoes come with a white shirt that reads goosebumps across the chest in green block letters and a purple New Balance Logo. The shoes can be bought for $160 and the shirt for $40.
Image Credit: New Balance
New Balance Releases the 'Goosebumps' Kawhi II Sneakers
1. Athlete-clothing Collaborations - The collaboration of athletes and clothing brands provide a unique opportunity to reach a particular audience.
2. Nostalgic Design - New Balance's 'Goosebumps' sneakers tap into nostalgia to appeal to customers.
3. Exclusive Product Releases - Exclusive releases through the brand's website provides an opportunity to generate excitement and demand.
1. Sports and Fitness Apparel - Athlete-clothing collaborations provide an opportunity for sports and fitness apparel companies to reach their target audience.
2. Book Publishing - Collaborating with a popular book series or author can expand brand outreach beyond traditional markets.
3. E-commerce - Exclusive product releases through a website could benefit an e-commerce company that specializes in unique items and limited releases.