A new interface designed specifically for tablets is coming to the marketspace: Google’s Honeycomb, otherwise known as Android 3.0.
Google held an event outlining it's focus on improving graphics performance by including a 3D graphics engine, more interesting notification systems and adding a more refined camera interface. The Google’s Honeycomb operating system also takes advantage of the larger screen sizes available on tablets. I plan on holding out for the Honeycomb to see for myself what a 3D tablet experience is all about.
Google's Honeycomb Adroid Operating System Will Amaze
1. 3D Graphics Engine - Incorporating a 3D graphics engine into tablet interfaces presents opportunities for gaming and augmented reality experiences.
2. Improved Notification Systems - Developing more interesting notification systems has potential for creating seamless multitasking experiences in both personal and professional settings.
3. Optimized Camera Interface - Refining the tablet camera interface could lead to more advanced video conferencing services for remote workers and businesses.
1. Mobile Gaming - The incorporation of a 3D graphics engine in tablet interfaces presents new possibilities for mobile gaming and immersive experiences.
2. Multitasking Tools - Developing more interesting notification systems could disrupt the productivity tools industry by creating a more seamless and efficient multitasking experience for professionals.
3. Remote Work Solutions - Optimizing the tablet camera interface has the potential to disrupt the remote work solutions industry by enabling more advanced and reliable video conferencing services.