Givenchy's Spring/Summer 2013 collection is on par with traditional Middle Eastern styles. Conservative caftans that reach the floor and cover one's arms, chest and back have been reinterpreted here and delivered to the connoisseurs of couture at Paris' Fashion Week.
Many of these pale Givenchy pieces were followed by long trails of fabric. The cape-like formations hung behind the off the shoulder frocks and knee-length skirts, giving way to an interesting intersection between traditional apparel and new age designs.
There is a certain elegance that characterizes these French ensembles. The lavish cuts of fabric hang loosely on the female models, and yet, despite their free flowing framework, they come across as expertly tailored, professional and sophisticated.
Givenchy's Spring/Summer 2013 Line is Traditional Yet Current
1. Traditional Couture - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in reinterpreting traditional apparel styles with new age designs.
2. Conservative Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in creating conservative yet stylish fashion pieces.
3. Elegant Draping - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in incorporating loose, draped fabric in expertly tailored and sophisticated designs.
1. Fashion Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the fashion design industry to create new couture styles that blend tradition with modernity.
2. Apparel Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the apparel manufacturing industry to develop new techniques for creating conservative and elegant clothing.
3. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunities exist in the fashion retail industry to offer traditional yet current fashion pieces that cater to different cultural preferences.