If you are a fan of Gillette's products and have a love for creative and smart ads, you will love the recently released Gillette BODY Razor commercial. Taking a look at how men and their grooming styles have evolved over the past 100 years, the ad hones in on both distinct facial and body hair modes. Capitalizing on fun hair crazes and retrospective era styles, the popular men’s personal care brand Gillette takes the audience on a ride of men’s facial hair styles over the past century.
Using music from the different eras to distinguish the styles, the Gillette BODY Razor commercial creates facial hair styles inspired by the music.
What Gillette is trying to portray with the ad is that “man changes with the times, and we, change with man”.
The Gillette BODY Razor Commercial is Fun and Takes on Different Eras
1. Evolution of Men's Grooming Styles - Opportunity for personal care brands to create innovative products and campaigns that cater to the changing facial and body hair trends of men.
2. Nostalgic Advertising - Opportunity for brands to use retro styles and music to evoke nostalgia and connect with their target audience.
3. Interactive Brand Experiences - Opportunity for brands to create engaging and interactive advertisements that take the audience on a journey through time.
1. Personal Care - Disruptive innovation opportunity for personal care companies to develop new products and grooming tools that align with the changing trends in men's facial and body hair.
2. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for advertising agencies to create captivating campaigns that leverage nostalgia and engage the audience on an emotional level.
3. Music - Disruptive innovation opportunity for music streaming services or platforms to collaborate with brands and provide curated playlists to enhance the nostalgic experience of advertisements.