To help the many new parents who are struggling with perinatal depression and anxiety, Gidget Foundation Australia launched the Gidget Perinatal Support Centre app. Designed as a convenient online resource, the app provides around the clock support to parents and connects them with support services if they're in need. This is done through a live chat feature that allows parents to quickly connect with a trained professional.
Arabella Gibson, CEO of Gidget Foundation Australia, explains the role of the app, stating "We encourage all expectant and new parents to access the app as a part of their self-care and self-awareness journey. Our goal is to educate and build awareness of perinatal depression and anxiety, as well as provide essential support services to those struggling and mitigate any escalation of that emotional distress."
Image Credit: Gidget Foundation Australia
The Gidget App Helps Those Struggling with Perinatal Depression
1. Perinatal Mental Health Apps - Develop more mental health apps that aid and support new parents struggling with depression and anxiety.
2. Online Support Services - Increase and improve accessibility of online support services for new parents dealing with mental health issues.
3. Live Chat Features - Incorporate live chat feature into mental health apps and online support services for immediate connection to trained professionals.
1. Mental Health Industry - Develop and enhance mental health services, resources, and technologies to support new parents dealing with perinatal depression and anxiety.
2. Mobile Technology Industry - Innovate mobile technology to produce user-friendly and accessible perinatal mental health apps for new parents.
3. Healthcare Industry - Partner with mental health organizations to develop more online support services and introduce new ways to receive mental health assistance for new parents.