Jason Freeny has added giant skeletal LEGO men to his series of half-dissected toys. This remix of the iconic toy features three opened up 18" LEGO men cut to reveal their bones and organs.
To create these morbid characters, Freeny purchases real LEGO men, and then uses sculpted foam to create the mystifying body parts beneath the exterior of the men. His unique creations cover the fundamental elements of the human body, and he uses children's anatomy books and the Internet as his references.
Freeny's toys balance cute characters on one side with morbid exposed body parts on the other. Other characters he has dissected include Hello Kitty, Mickey Mouse, babies and Care Bears.
The Jason Freeny LEGO Men are Cute and Morbid
1. Skeletal Toys - Opportunity to create toys that combine cute characters with morbid and educational elements.
2. Half-dissected Toys - Opportunity to design toys that reveal the inner workings of iconic characters.
3. Anatomy-based Toys - Opportunity to develop toys that educate children about the human body through playful and interactive experiences.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Opportunity for toy manufacturers to create unique and educational toys that appeal to both children and adults.
2. Art and Design - Opportunity for artists and designers to reimagine popular characters by dissecting and revealing their internal structure.
3. Education and Learning - Opportunity for educational institutions and organizations to leverage anatomy-based toys as teaching tools for younger learners.