Rick Owens launches two new and reworked iterations of the Geobasket sneaker silhouette in monochromatic colorway options. The avant-garde footwear features a white colorway and a black and white colorway that spotlight the dramatic lacing system and metal hardware throughout the entire design.
This element creates a geometric structure that patterns throughout the shoe's toe box, the tongue, and the vamp, circling around the neck of the shoe to the upper part of the heel. Both of the colorway options are held together by a set of chalky-brown laces which adds some tonal contrast to both of the tonal options. The uppers are constructed from a buffed calfskin leather material to add an extravagant touch. Additional details include the silver hardware and medial zipper on the side.
Image Credit: SSENSE
Rick Owens' Geobasket Shoe Arrives in Black and White
1. Avant-garde Footwear - The growing trend of fusing art with fashion results in a potential market for creating dramatic and unconventional footwear.
2. Dramatic Lacing Systems - New opportunities to innovate exist in the design of footwear that features non-traditional lacing systems.
3. Reimagined Silhouettes - Opportunities exist to recreate classic shoe designs with new materials and unique features for added style and function.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate disruptive design features to appeal to a market of consumers who value unique, artistic and high-end products.
2. Luxury Goods - Luxury good brands can use high-quality materials and experimental design elements to create high-end shoes for the fashion-conscious consumer.
3. Art and Design - Artists and designers can collaborate to create experimental and unique footwear that intersects art and fashion.