Glossier has added three new shades to its line of 'Generation G' lipsticks as a part of the brand’s fall makeover. ‘Generation G’ is a sheer matte lipstick that works best when layered on and diffused using a blotting technique. The muted pigment then adheres to the natural color of your lips and provides a natural, flawless finish that isn’t too bright or too opaque. The brand has introduced ‘Fuzz,’ a rosy taupe, ‘Malt,’ a rich cinnamon brown, and ‘Punch’ a rosy red.
‘Generation G’ now comes in nine shades, which is an increase from the previous six core hues presented at the launch. ‘Generation G’ in ‘Fuzz,’ ‘Malt,’ and ‘Punch’ are now available on the Glossier website for a retail price of $18 USD.
Image Credit: Glossier
Glossier Adds Three Shades to the 'Generation G' Lineup
1. Buildable Lipsticks - Opportunity for brands to create sheer matte lipsticks that offer a natural, diffused finish when layered.
2. Expanded Shade Range - Brands can increase their shade range to cater to a wider range of skin tones and preferences.
3. Blotting Techniques - Opportunity for brands to create products that cater to consumers who prefer a diffused, blurred lip look.
1. Beauty - The beauty industry can continue to innovate in the lip category by developing buildable, natural-looking lipsticks.
2. Fashion - The fashion world can integrate sheer, diffused lip looks into runway shows and campaigns for a softer aesthetic.
3. Retail - Retailers can benefit from creating a dedicated 'buildable' lipstick section for consumers who prefer a more natural lip look.