High fashion studio Eckhaus Latta follows its provocative NSFW denim photoshoot with its brand new gender-bending line up for Fall/Winter 2018. The collection boasts boxy and industrial silhouettes. Some designs feature sensually sheer tops, while others have suggestive cut-outs. The Fall/Winter 2018 collection was debuted in the designer's cavernous warehouse space and was presented with a gender-bending model lineup.
It is evident that the designer duo has heavily experimented with knit fabrics, attempting to strip them from bulky connotations. While the box colored shirt brings out green, navy and yellow, the playful grey dress encompasses the lightweight property of the knit fabric.
The gender-bending aesthetic of the clothing is a driving force for the collection, as it plays on the relatively recent tendency of high contemporary wear to accommodate notions of equality and acceptance.
Photo Credits: Eva Al Desnudo
Eckhaus Latta Challenges Societal Norms with Fall/Winter 2018
1. Gender-bending Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore androgynous clothing lines that challenge societal norms and embrace gender fluidity.
2. Industrial Silhouettes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Merge fashion with a more utilitarian aesthetic, incorporating boxy and industrial silhouettes into clothing lines.
3. Knit Fabric Experimentation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Push the boundaries of knit fabrics to create lightweight garments that defy traditional connotations and offer unique textures.
1. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate gender-bending fashion into mainstream retail, challenging traditional gender norms in the industry.
2. Contemporary Wear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace the acceptance and equality movement by creating clothing lines that cater to diverse body types and challenge societal expectations.
3. Textile Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovate in the textile manufacturing industry by developing new techniques and materials for creating lightweight knit fabrics with unique properties.