Guerlain has recently launched their new lipstick line, 'Le Rouge G.' The lipstick promises to be extra radiant because it contains real finely milled rubies.
Many minerals and gemstones show fluorescence, which means they glow under ultraviolet (UV) light. As sunlight contains UV light, the ruby lipstick may appear more luminescent than ordinary ones. It’s not known if there are enough rubies to glow under UV disco lights, but the idea of hot lips on the dance floor is fun!
The 'Le Rouge G' lipstick comes in a specially designed case by renowned French jeweler Laurence Baumer, and is based on the shape of an ingot. The lipstick mechanism also pops the lid to reveal a convenient mirror.
Guerlain's 'Le Rouge G' Lipstick Contains Real Rubies
1. Real Gemstone Cosmetics - The use of real gemstones in cosmetic products provides an opportunity for brands to create unique and luxury beauty experiences.
2. Fluorescent Makeup - The incorporation of minerals and gemstones with fluorescent properties into makeup products allows for a captivating and glowing aesthetic.
3. Luxury Packaging Collaboration - Collaborations between cosmetic brands and renowned jewelers for specially designed packaging offer a disruptive opportunity for innovative and high-end cosmetic packaging.
1. Beauty and Cosmetics - The beauty and cosmetics industry can explore the use of real gemstones and fluorescent properties in their products to create differentiated and premium offerings.
2. Jewelry and Accessories - Jewelry and accessory industries can collaborate with cosmetic brands to design unique and luxurious packaging for cosmetic products.
3. Event and Nightlife - The event and nightlife industry can leverage the concept of UV-responsive cosmetics, such as the ruby lipstick, to create immersive and visually stunning experiences.