The Garmin vivosmart is a fitness bracelet that offers the features of modern fitness trackers while also incorporating the real-time notifications and other functions of smartwatches. The vivosmart -- like its predecessor the vivofit -- has the ability to keep track of wearers' movements and notify them when they've been inactive for too long.
It also has the ability to pair up with a smartphone via Bluetooth, feeding information to a companion smartphone app that allows users to access more in-depth insights into their fitness habits. Sleep data and movement periods can be analyzed, while goals can be set and users can take part in online challenges.
The Garmin vivosmart will be sold for $170, going up to $200 if you get it with the heart rate monitor bundle. It will be available in November.
The Garmin vivosmart is a Cross Between a Fitness Tracker & Smartwatch
1. Fitness-tracking Smartwatches - The trend of combining fitness trackers and smartwatches opens opportunities in creating disruptive innovation for health data analytics, virtual training and personalized wellness services
2. Companion Smartphone Apps - The trend of developing companion apps for wearable tech creates opportunities in providing users with in-depth and personalized insights into their fitness habits and enables real-time feedback and remote coaching
3. Online Fitness Challenges - The trend of incorporating gamification into fitness apps and wearables presents opportunities in encouraging users to stay motivated through competing with others and tracking their progress
1. Health and Fitness Technology - The industry of health and fitness technology can leverage the trend of combining fitness trackers and smartwatches to develop innovative wearables with advanced sensor technology
2. Mobile Applications - The industry of mobile applications can benefit from the trend of developing companion apps for wearable tech to offer users with in-depth insights into their fitness habits and provides an interactive platform for virtual training and coaching
3. Online Fitness Services - The industry of online fitness services can take advantage of the trend of incorporating gamification into fitness apps and wearables to encourage user participation and attract a wider audience