Target is expanding its line of kids furniture, Pillowfort, to include a series of mindfully designed furniture pieces for kids that address the fact that many young ones deal with sensory sensitivity. The 20-piece collection includes items that are just as whimsical as ever and fit right into the existing Pillowfort collection, including everything from pineapple-shaped rugs to indoor tents with built-in desks.
Across the collection of furniture designs, parents will see muted hues, soft textures as well as styles that can be safely interacted with through movement—examples of this include rocking desk chair and crash pads that provide stimulation. The new Pillowfort styles also include weighted blankets and cocoon-like chairs.
Commonly, parents are forced to shop for specialty furniture pieces for kids with sensory sensitivity but the new items in this collection provide cost-effective and aesthetically pleasing options.
These Pillowfort Furniture Pieces for Kids Consider Sensory Sensitivity
1. Sensory-friendly Furniture - Opportunity for furniture companies to design and produce sensory-friendly furniture for both children and adults with sensory sensitivities.
2. Whimsical Designs - Opportunity for companies to create whimsical and visually appealing furniture designs that also consider sensory sensitivity.
3. Cost-effective Options - Opportunity for manufacturers to produce affordable and accessible sensory-friendly furniture options for parents and caregivers.
1. Furniture Design and Manufacturing - Furniture companies can explore designing and manufacturing sensory-friendly furniture pieces for children and adults.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can consider incorporating sensory-friendly furniture options in their designs for clients with sensory sensitivities.
3. Specialty Furniture - Companies can specialize in creating and selling sensory-friendly furniture to cater specifically to individuals with sensory sensitivities.