Watchmaker Casio introduces a new piece to its G-SHOCK selection, spotlighting the Full Metal collection for the season. The capsule features black and gold iteration but the latest design to join is more rugged than the previous options. The GMWB5000V joins the roster and the digital timepiece is completely coated in an ion plating in black color. It also goes through a machine aging process that gives the design a patina finish.
This finish gives the exterior a unique industrial look that gives the illusion of being worn-in. The new watch features a case that is made from stainless steel, delivering shock resistance. It also comes with a LED Super Illuminator backlight, solar power, Bluetooth connection, and DLC coated in black.
Casio's Full Metal Collection Spotlights a Classic Piece From G-SHOCK
1. Ion-plated Watches - Opportunity for expanded use of ion-plating technology in the watch industry to improve durability and unique aesthetic designs.
2. Rugged Digital Watches - Growing demand for durable and fashionable digital watches with innovative features like solar power and Bluetooth connectivity.
3. Aged Patina Finish - Increasing popularity of patina finishes in the fashion industry with opportunities to incorporate this vintage aesthetic in a variety of products.
1. Watchmaking - Incorporating ion-plating technology and patina finishes to create new unique and durable timepiece designs.
2. Fashion - Opportunities to use the patina finish trend in the fashion industry, such as denim and leather products.
3. Consumer Electronics - Innovation in rugged and durable digital watches with technological advancements like solar power, Bluetooth connectivity, and ion-plating for unique designs.