This Fritos Chili Pizza is adding corn chips as a topping to give the pie a more varied texture. From Papa John's Pizza, the new pizza toppings incorporate the Fritos brand to offer an unexpected flavor and added crunch. The spicy chili gives it an almost Mexican feel as well.
Likely similar in taste to crunchy taco pizzas, the Fritos Chili Pizza also contains ground beef, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, onions and Roma tomatos. According to That's Nerdalicious!, "it's a casserole on a pizza" in essence. If you have ever combined chili and Fritos, you will likely love this new addition to the Papa John's menu as it rolls out across the United States through November 23, 2014.
The New Fritos Chili Pizza is Extra Cheesy and Available at Papa John's
1. Corn Chip Toppings - Incorporating corn chips as pizza toppings provides an innovative twist to traditional pizza, adding a varied texture and unexpected flavor.
2. Crunchy Taco Pizzas - Creating pizza flavors inspired by crunchy tacos presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for pizzerias, appealing to customers who enjoy the combination of crispy textures and Mexican-inspired flavors.
3. Casserole-inspired Pizzas - Developing pizzas that emulate the flavors and textures of casseroles opens up a realm of innovative topping combinations, targeting customers who appreciate the comfort and familiarity of casserole dishes.
1. Fast Food Restaurants - Fast food restaurants could leverage the trend of incorporating unique toppings like corn chips and taco flavors to attract customers seeking novel and exciting pizza options.
2. Snack Food Manufacturers - Snack food manufacturers have the opportunity to collaborate with pizza chains to create exclusive partnerships, offering their brand-name chips as pizza toppings and tapping into the popularity of unique flavor combinations.
3. Casual Dining Chains - Casual dining chains can explore the concept of casserole-inspired pizzas, providing customers with a nostalgic taste and an innovative twist on traditional pizza offerings.