Friends fans rejoice! After the Sex and the City movie was such a success, producers thought they would try their luck reviving Friends, another hit comedy of the '90s.
Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry, Matt LeBlanc, Lisa Kudrow and David Schwimmer could be reprising their roles as Rachel Green, Monica Geller, Chandler Bing, Joe Tribiani, Phoebe Buffet and Ross Geller!
All the actors are pumped to relive their characters on the big screen except for Jennifer Aniston who, at 39, has hesitated to accept. The success of Sex and the City, however, gave her a new boost of confidence.
"As the biggest star of the Friends franchise, Jennifer can't help but look at what's happened with Sarah Jessica Parker and the Sex And The City film and be a little jealous," a source told the Daily Mail.
"What's held back a Friends movie so far is that people were worried that Jennifer had simply become too famous to play Rachel again.
"But the truth is that Jennifer is finally willing to do it, and she'd love to work with that whole team of actors and producers again.
"She says she and Courteney have already talked this summer about what they want out of a Friends movie, and if deals can be made with them, everything else can fall into place rather quickly.
"It really comes down to money, and I don't think Jen has a problem with all of the Friends getting huge paydays for the movie.
"In that sense, it's Sex And The City all over again. There's no movie unless you can reunite the whole cast and keep them all happy financially."
Aniston and Perry, 39, are the youngest of the bunch so are probably more confident branching out in their career, but Schwimmer, who is 41 and Kudrow, 45, may be getting more desperate. LeBlanc, who is 40, clearly believes in his old character as tried (but failed) to do a Joe spin-off already.
If they do want to do a spin-off movie, they should probably act soon. Having Phoebe fight a Pacman machine at 45 might be more sad than funny....
'Friends' the Movie To Star Jennifer Aniston & Co.
1. TV Show Revivals - With the success of Sex and the City and Friends movie rumors, TV show revivals are becoming popular in the entertainment industry and offer opportunities for fan engagement and nostalgia marketing.
2. Nostalgia Marketing - The revival of popular TV shows like Friends and Sex and the City can also create opportunities for nostalgia marketing, as consumers are drawn to familiar brands and characters and seek the emotions they evoke.
3. Celebrity Reunions - The trend of celebrity reunions, like the proposed Friends movie, capitalizes on the public's fascination with the private lives of famous actors and offers opportunities for cross-promotions and publicity for other products and services.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can take advantage of TV show revivals by using nostalgia marketing and fan engagement to create buzz and drive viewership.
2. Marketing - The trend of nostalgia marketing will become more prevalent as brands leverage the emotional connections of consumers to familiar and beloved characters and franchises.
3. Fashion and Beauty - The entertainment industry and fashion and beauty industries can cross-promote products based on popular TV shows like Friends and Sex and the City, offering new marketing opportunities for these industries.