Nothing goes together like burgers and fries, which is why Burger King New Zealand's new French Fry Sandwich is the ultimate fast food hybrid.
Just as the name suggests, the new French Fry Sandwich is a cross between a sandwich and French fries. The sandwich starts with the chain's signature crispy fries, slathered in ketchup and mayo, and stuffed between two soft buns. Officially, the new dish is called the 'Chip Butty,' as butty is the informal name for sandwiches in places like New Zealand and the UK.
The Chip Butty is currently available at participating Burger King locations across New Zealand for just $2 NZ. As Burger King puts it: "A dish fit for a King at a price fit for everyone."
Image Credit: Burger King New Zealand.
Burger King New Zealand is Serving Up a New French Fry Sandwich
1. Fast Food Hybridization - The trend of blending different fast food items to create new hybrid dishes.
2. Incorporating Fries - The trend of incorporating fries into non-traditional dishes, such as sandwiches.
3. Regional Name Incorporation - The trend of incorporating regional names and terminology into food dish names.
1. Fast Food Chains - Fast food chains can explore new hybrid dishes to attract customers and stand out in a crowded market.
2. Potato Products - Potato product companies can explore and market the versatility of fries beyond being a side dish.
3. Casual Dining Restaurants - Casual dining restaurants can incorporate regional names and terminology to add a unique touch to their menu offerings.