'Wendy's' recently added 'Bacon Fondue Fries' to its menu. The past few years have seen many brands add poutine-inspired dishes to their menus. Now it seems that fast food chains have found a different way to dress up their French fries.
Wendy's Bacon Fondue Fries is a decadent dish that is inspired by traditional cheese fondue. The dish features natural-cut fries sprinkled with sea salt and pieces of applewood-smoked bacon. The entire dish is then covered in a Swiss Gruyere sauce. The same sauce is also found on the new 'Gouda Bacon Cheeseburger.' This tasty burger consists of a quarter pound beef patty, strips of applewood smoked bacon, red onions, tomato and spring mix.
If you've grown tired with gravy-covered poutine, these fondue-inspired French fries might be the perfect alternative.
This Fast Food Chain is Now Selling 'Bacon Fondue Fries'
1. Decadent Fast Food - Fast food chains are embracing decadence by adding indulgent dishes like Wendy's Bacon Fondue Fries to their menus.
2. Poutine-inspired Dishes - The trend of poutine-inspired dishes continues as brands find new ways to dress up their French fries, as seen with Wendy's Bacon Fondue Fries.
3. Cheese Sauce Innovations - The use of cheese sauces, such as the Swiss Gruyere sauce found on Wendy's Bacon Fondue Fries and Gouda Bacon Cheeseburger, presents opportunities for new and unique cheese-based menu items.
1. Fast Food - The fast food industry can capitalize on the trend of decadent and poutine-inspired dishes to attract customers seeking indulgent and innovative menu options.
2. Cheese and Dairy - The cheese and dairy industry has the opportunity to supply innovative cheese sauces and flavors for fast food chains looking to incorporate unique cheese-based dishes and offerings.
3. Food Service Equipment - Food service equipment companies can explore opportunities to create specialized equipment or packaging solutions to accommodate the growing demand for indulgent and unique fast food menu items like Wendy's Bacon Fondue Fries.