Launched in 2006 by Vivien Johnston, Fifi Bijoux is an anomaly when it comes to luxury jewelry companies.
“Luxury jewellery has a profound history of romance, intrigue and glamour,” write the company on its home page. “However, this often concealed a harsher reality of cruelty, corruption and abuse.” With Fifi Bijoux, you can track the supply trail, that is, the goods are fairly traded, child labour-, mercury-, cyanide-, and exploitation-free. What’s more, there’s an emphasis placed on maintainin the biodiversity from which the diamonds and gems are sourced.
And indeed, all that glitters is not gold but it’s possible to have your cake and eat it too with the range of designs that Johnston offers.
Fifi Bijoux website
Fifi Bijoux on Facebook
Fifi Bijoux on Twitter
Fifi Bijoux Specializes in Fairly Traded Luxury Jewelry
1. Ethical Jewelry - Opportunity for designers to create luxury jewelry that is fairly traded, cruelty-free, and sustainable.
2. Supply Chain Transparency - Opportunity to track the supply trail of jewelry, ensuring it is ethically sourced and free from exploitation.
3. Biodiversity Preservation - Opportunity to emphasize maintaining the biodiversity of diamond and gem sources during the jewelry production process.
1. Luxury Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity for luxury jewelry companies to adopt ethical practices and cater to conscious consumers.
2. Socially Responsible Fashion - Opportunity for the fashion industry to expand its focus on sustainable and ethical practices to include jewelry production.
3. Environmental Ngos - Opportunity for environmental non-governmental organizations to collaborate with jewelry designers to promote ethical and sustainable practices.