Just ahead of the FIFA World Cup 2014 games this year in Brazil, Baskin Robbins Japan will be releasing a tri-colored sherbet of blue, yellow and green, aptly called the 'Trio de Janeiro.' The sherbet borrows the three colors from the Brazilian flag, which include delicious fruit flavors like kiwi, lemon and blueberry. This celebratory flavor will be available as of June 1st and it will be made available right through until the end of August.
For the big soccer event, Baskin Robbins Japan will also be upgrading its regular 'Popping Shower' ice cream flavor to the 'Popping Shower Super Goal' and offering it in five more colors than usual. The launch of this special ice cream flavor will coincide with the kick off of the FIFA World Cup on June 12th.
Baskin Robbins Japan's New Flavors Nod to the FIFA World Cup 2014
1. Tri-colored Sherbets - Opportunity for other food and beverage companies to create tri-colored products inspired by cultural events and celebrations.
2. Special Edition Ice Cream Flavors - Potential for companies to create limited edition flavors tied to major sporting events to capitalize on the excitement and increase brand visibility.
3. Fruit Flavor Combinations - Innovation can be explored in mixing and matching fruit flavors to create unique and refreshing products in the ice cream and dessert industry.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for the food and beverage industry to leverage cultural events and sporting occasions to create innovative and limited edition products.
2. Frozen Desserts - In the frozen dessert industry, there is room for experimentation with flavors and textures to create unique and eye-catching products that appeal to consumers.
3. Sports Marketing - Sporting events can provide a platform for marketing campaigns and collaborations with brands in the food and beverage industry to engage with consumers on a global scale.