Eating, social media and charity all combine to make the Feedie app. The new app lets you donate a meal to a needy child in South Africa, simply by taking a photo of your dish and posting it to your social media. Feedie works with participating restaurants to donate meals to the Lunchbox Fund, a charity that provides meals to hungry school children in South Africa.
Using the Feedie app is simple. All you need to do is download it, look for participating restaurants near you and then begin eating! Your Feedie photo is branded to let everyone know you’re doing good and the app contains all the necessary filters needed to make Instafood look great. The app is currently available for iOS (an Android version is coming) and New York City has been designated as the launch city.
The Feedie App Lets You Donate a Meal Simply by Taking a Picture
1. Social Good Apps - Developing more apps that use social media to encourage people to donate to a specific cause or charity could be a game changer for fundraising.
2. Product Innovation Apps - Innovation to create more apps that tie charitable giving to everyday activities, like going to a restaurant or taking a picture of your food, could create more opportunities for charitable donations.
3. Participatory Charity Apps - Creating more apps that give users the ability to play a direct role in donating to a charity or helping a specific charity's mission could increase engagement and donations.
1. Food Service Industry - Partnering with social good apps like Feedie could help food service businesses appeal to younger generations and demonstrate their commitment to actively support charitable causes.
2. Technology Industry - Developing new social good apps like Feedie could create new streams of revenue for the technology industry while also providing a tool to make charitable giving easier and more accessible to everyday users.
3. Non-profit Industry - Experimenting with participatory charity apps like Feedie may encourage non-profit organizations to innovate and create new ways to engage with donors and volunteers in support of their cause.