Creative photographer Jaime Diamond has an intriguing family photography series that mashes a group of strangers together to pose as if they were family members. These peculiar portraits are extremely convincing, but none of these characters actually know each other.
In many of these photos, observers will notice that these faux families are embracing each other or lovingly touching one another on the hand or arm. This helps to deceive viewers into believing that these folks are actually family.
Diamond actually finds these photo family members via Craigslist and calls them in to be a part of his unusual portrait series. Most of these family photography shots were actually taken in hotel rooms instead of homes. This pretty much means everything in these photos is a lie, from the loving families to the home environments. But these shots are still extremely interesting.
This Family Photography Series has Strangers Posing as Relatives
1. Fake Family Photography - Using strangers to pose as family members in photographs for artistic purposes.
2. Deceptive Portraiture - Creating portraits that appear to be one thing but are actually something else entirely for more interesting results.
3. Alternative Family Structures - Exploring the idea of what constitutes a family through unconventional means of representation and portrayal.
1. Photography - Innovating techniques for capturing and manipulating images, pushing the boundaries of what is considered traditional and expected photography.
2. Art - Reimagining traditional artistic mediums and breaking down conventional barriers between artistic genres.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Using novel techniques for selling products and services, such as creating disruptive visual content that captures attention and stands out from the competition.