French luxury fashion label Chanel has officially launched two new pop-up shops in Istanbul and Paris Charles de Gaulle airports to promote its new 'Factory 5' collection.
The newly released Factory 5 collection consists of 17 limited-edition products that intend to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the brand's most iconic fragrance, Chanel No. 5. The unconventional assortment of products sees the luxury label transform everyday items such as paint cans and body oil into neatly packaged goods that borrow No. 5's minimalist design codes.
“By taking popular consumer items out of their context and dressing them up in the aesthetics of No 5, we return to Chanel’s first creative gesture: that of transforming a functional object into a desirable luxury item," explained Thomas du Pré de Saint Maur, Chanel Head of Global Creative Resources Fragrance and Beauty.
The brand's recently opened airport pop-ups intend to create an immersive shopping experience by replicating Chanel's factory and production sites. Both locations will display all 17 of the collection's unique products.
Image Credit: Chanel
Chanel Opens Two Airport Pop-Up Shops to Promote Its 'Factory 5' Collection
1. Luxury Airport Pop-ups - More luxury brands will increase their airport presence with immersive pop-up experiences.
2. Celebrating Iconic Products - More luxury brands will celebrate their iconic products through limited edition collections using unconventional items as inspiration.
3. Functional Transformation - Brands will continue to transform functional objects into luxury goods as a way to refresh their brand identity.
1. Luxury Fashion - Luxury fashion brands will continue creating immersive experiences to reach their high-end consumers and promote their products.
2. Travel Retail - Travel retail industry will benefit from the increased presence of luxury brands in airports, improving the overall customer experience.
3. Beauty and Fragrance - More beauty and fragrance brands will look for ways to convey their brand story through unconventional products and packaging to differentiate themselves in the market.