Designers Andrea Fino and Samanta Snidaro of the Italian Sand & Birch Design Studio have created the OFT house to answer the varying demands of modern lifestyles; the OFT design system is based around a fixed core base that can have live-in modules added to it as your requirements change with time - it even allows for the removal of redundant living space.
So you need a temporary home office, a new room, or need to reduce space instantly (as the in-laws are thinking of downsizing into your home), then the OFT home is a prefect solution. The Italian design team, who are better known for their amazing furniture designs (like the Velvet, Sophie chairs and the Diamond Sofa), have excelled with this architecture project, making the idea of changing your home design as often as you change your wardrobe fashion a functional and futuristic reality.
Add & Subtract Live-In Modules As Required
1. Modular Housing Design - The trend of designing modular housing that allows for live-in modules to be added or subtracted as per the requirements of modern lifestyles.
2. Flexible Living Spaces - The trend of designing homes that can easily transform existing spaces to keep up with the changing demands of modern lifestyles.
3. Customizable Homes - The trend of creating customizable homes that can be easily changed as per the changing needs of the residents.
1. Housing Construction Industry - The housing industry can benefit from the trend of modular housing design by creating more flexible, adaptable and affordable housing solutions for modern consumers.
2. Furniture Manufacturing Industry - The furniture industry can create custom-made furniture that fits the modular design of the OFT house and cater to the evolving design trends in the housing and living spaces.
3. Architecture and Design Industry - The design industry can use the concept of modular design to create innovative and futuristic designs that can adapt to the changing needs of modern lifestyles and cater to a large and varied consumer base.