Foot Locker teamed up with Champion Athleticwear and five top-tier eSports teams to launch a collection of eSports jerseys, sweatshirts and t-shirts. While sports fans regularly outfit themselves in pieces of clothes to support their favorite teams, this new collection gives gamers the chance to connect with teams like Counter Logic Gaming, Renegades, Dignitas and more. The teams participate in a variety of games, including everything from sports games to multiplayer online battle arenas.
To kick off the launch of the eSports apparel collaboration, a limited number of the eSports jerseys were made available on NTWRK, a live mobile shopping experience that is centered on "retailtainment." Additionally, Champs Sports will be hosting and livestreaming an in-store tournament at its Times Square Flagship store later this month.
Foot Locker, Champion and Five eSports Teams Launched a Collection
1. Esports Apparel Collaboration - The collaboration between Foot Locker, Champion, and eSports teams signals the growing market for eSports merchandise.
2. Gamers' Connection to Teams - The collection of eSports jerseys and clothing allows gamers to show support for their favorite teams in the same way that sports fans do.
3. Retailtainment & Live Shopping Experiences - The limited availability of eSports jerseys on NTWRK and the in-store tournament at Champs Sports highlight the rising trend of retailtainment and live shopping experiences in the gaming industry.
1. Sports Retail - Sports retailers like Foot Locker can tap into the growing market of eSports merchandise and capitalize on the popularity of gaming.
2. Sportswear - Sportswear brands like Champion Athleticwear have the opportunity to expand into the eSports market and create specialized apparel for gamers.
3. Gaming Events - Companies that organize and host gaming events, such as Champs Sports, can use the popularity of eSports to attract a larger audience and showcase their products and services.